It’s November and time to begin the hunker down for autumn and winter if you’ve not started already. Yet, there is the glimmer of Christmas ahead… a lovely time to see family and hopefully, this year, be able to invite around to celebrate, eat and drink!
During November I find all those jobs that I have put off inside the house (because I’ve been in the garden) can now get going and completed for Christmas.
Hygge (pronounced huw-guh) sums up the feeling nicely:
‘a quality of cosiness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being’ (source Oxford Languages)
What’s your Wishlist to create ‘hygge’ in your home this year? Mine include:
- Re-organising the laundry/utility room/boot room ready for wet dogs, wet towels and muddy boots
- Painting wooden pictures frames to match the room décor, for a new nature inspired display
- Painting a spare bedroom ready for guests this Christmas
- Ordering new bedding for our master bedroom and guest rooms (they could do with updating)
- Re-stacking the logs under the wood burner so they are a visual display in their own right.
- Source new hall runners to give the entrance hall a boost
- De-clutter the kitchen cupboards from the last year and get organised for Christmas cooking
- Look for some new cushion covers for a couple of armchairs to get them on trend
Change can happen one step at a time
Don’t know where to start, need some colour consultancy, or don’t have the time to source items? Give me a call or contact me here and I can help